Firm: Collins Law Firm, PLLC
Full Time or Part Time: Part time
Temporary or Permanent Position? Temporary Position
Typical Hours: Negotiated
Location: 414 Union St., Suite 1110, Nashville, TN 37219
Position Description: The Collins Law Firm is seeking interns who will be responsible for assisting attorneys by performing legal, clerical, and administrative duties.
- Assist attorneys with case development and preparation.
- Assist attorneys during hearings, bench trials, and jury trials.
- Perform legal research and review legal journals.
- Draft correspondence and legal documents such as summonses, complaints, motions, responses, and subpoenas under the supervision of an attorney or a paralegal.
- Prepare documents for submission to the Tennessee Administrative Office of the Courts.
- File legal documents with the Clerk’s Office.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Legal Research Skills *Experience with Lexis Advance is preferred
- Excellent Writing Skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Superior Listening and Communication Skills
- People/Interpersonal Skills
- Ambition and Good Work Ethic
- Outstanding Organizational Skills
- Fluency in Spanish is preferred
Any NSL Alumni at your organization? Mackenzie Carter Collins (2013), Edward Herbert (2014)
To apply: Send résumé, and either a cover letter or writing sample to email@example.com