Firm: Talbert Government Relations LLC
Start Date: 12/4/2017
Full Time or Part Time: Part time, Temporary Position
Health Benefits? No
Starting Salary: $15 per hour
Typical Hours: 20-30
Location: the Capitol
• Strong written and oral communications skills are a must as is a high level of discretion.
• Given the sensitive nature of the work, candidates should be prepared to sign a confidentiality agreement as a condition of the internship.
• Sincere interest in the lawmaking process and political system.
• A successful candidate will be self-directed, able to work independently, and have strong organizational skills. A confident, professional demeanor is mandatory.
• Candidate will also be expected to wear professional attire and have reliable transportation.
• Attend legislative hearings at the Tennessee General Assembly as well as pertinent industry meetings in Nashville and report back on relevant discussions
• Track education legislation of interest to clients
• Research legislation and other pertinent topics and prepare issue briefs, position statements, legislative summaries and other informational pieces
• Track news and social media
• Other duties as assigned.
Schedule and Compensation
• The Government Relations Internship is a part-time position, approximately 20-30 hours per week. Starting immediately and ending when the legislative session adjourns (late April).
• Availability to work two full days each week (Tuesday and Wednesday) is required. Must be flexible since the legislative schedule can vary.
To apply: Send application to email@example.com
Deadline to apply: 11/30/2017