Firm: Hughes & Coleman
Start Date: 2/15/2018
Full Time Permanent Position
Health Benefits? Yes
Starting Salary: Based on Experience
Typical Hours: 40
Position Description: COMPANY DESCRIPTION
Hughes & Coleman Law Firm (H&C) is a growing plaintiff firm practicing personal injury law. With a home office in Bowling Green, Kentucky, H&C also has offices in Louisville, Elizabethtown and Lexington, Kentucky as well as Nashville, Clarksville, Murfreesboro, and Gallatin, Tennessee. The firm currently employs approximately 150 team members. Hughes & Coleman’s culture is proudly molded around exceeding the expectations of the Firm’s clients through world-class service. We are “Simply the Best!!!”
The Legal Assistant for the Pre-Lit Department enhances attorney effectiveness by developing case information, evidence, and settlement options; tracking cases; and supporting attorney's trial proceedings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Follow practices and processes that comply with appropriate laws and regulations, meet the company standards, and serve the needs of our clients. This includes a commitment to a process of continuous improvement.
• Comply with company policies and procedures, including but not limited to, the company’s attendance policy.
• Extensive client contact
• Prepare settlement documents
• File complaints
• Draft summon documents
• Schedule depositions and mediations
• Prepare and review written correspondence, including litigation documents
• Provide analysis of medical records/bills and insurance information
• Serves as liaison between clients, attorneys and insurance companies
• Ensures the accuracy and thoroughness of records and data
• Balance the multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously
• Provide general support to attorneys
• Ensure the efficient progression of each case
• Perform other duties within the employee’s training and skills as directed by Core Leader
• No supervisory responsibilities
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Display true passion for client and community service
• Two years experience in legal office work
• Demonstrated ability to work and communicate professionally, verbally and in written form with clients
• Ability to work independently without regular direct supervision
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, WORK ENVIRONMENT AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
• Office environment
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job, with or without reasonable accommodation. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, qualifications, or working conditions. Employees are expected to maintain regular and consistent attendance and comply with the company’s policies and procedures as a condition of employment.